Welcome to SJCAM SJ4000 online manual. This series of concise guidelines has been written by TeriTerryTarry who generously decided to share it with Pevly.com readers. It is absolutely the best and most detailed guide on how to use this little camera.
If you are SJ4000 or SJ4000 WiFi user, I am sure you will find plenty of detailed and step by step instructions that will help you learn how to operate your SJ4000.
Since nearly all SJCAM cameras have similar user interface and software, large portion of the manual can be applied to cameras like : M10, M10+, SJ4000+, limited 5000x and x1000 and even SJ5000 series.
Manual has been organized into few pages to make reading easier. To view the content on a next page, just click the orange “Next Slide” button on top or bottom of the page.
For those of you who prefer to read this on a eReader like Kindle or print it out, we have a PDF version available, which you can download on this link.
A new version of PDF manual is available now.
Be aware that this is not an official manual.
Once again, huge thanks to TeriTerryTarry for a wonderful guide.
Before we start, here are some important notes.
- When you open the camera package for the first time check the contents to make sure you have all the mounting hardware and accessories.
- Plastic film covers the camera display and lens. On the clear housing plastic film also covers the inside and outside of the lens cover and both back cover doors. Remove plastic film before using the camera.
- There are many ways to determine if your camera is genuine. Checking the security code under the scratch-off on the side of the package is one of them. Go to the SJCAM official website and enter the security code as directed to verify that you have an authentic camera. Please be aware that if you camera does not have a security code, it does not have to mean it is a fake. Here is a page where you can find out more details on how to determine authenticity your SJ4000.
- This manual is based on firmware version G20150408V02 dated 2015 April 8. Camera menus, settings or other operations might vary with other firmware versions.
- Notes are identified in parentheses () and are described at the end of each section.